Following the release of CS5 in April 2010, Adobe changed its release strategy to an every other year release of major number installments. CS5.5 was presented on April 12, 2011, as an in-between program until CS6. The update helped developers optimize websites for a variety of tablets, smart phones, and other devices. At the same time, Adobe announced a subscription-based pay service as an alternative to full purchase. On July 1, 2011, Adobe Systems announced its Switcher Program, which will allow people who had purchased any version of Apple’s Final Cut Pro (or Avid Media Composer) to receive a 50 percent discount on Creative Suite CS5.5 Production Premium or Premiere Pro CS5.5.
The design of a page can say as much as the words on it. Visual design couldn’t be more crucial in an age when people read more than they ever have before—on computer screens, smartphones, iPads and tablets, Kindles and e-readers.
HTML5 fans will be happy to hear that audio and H.264 video files placed in documents for e-publishing will now get tagged appropriately without hand-coding. Adobe also improved how it supports sublists so that second-level bullet and auto-numbered items appear correctly. And tables and footers now export to EPUB and HTML workflows.
Even if you’re not in, say, the celebrity touch-up business, you’ll see its effect. As such, we’re not going to review Creative Suite. There’s no point. If you can afford it, you can’t do better. Instead, read on for some hands-on impressions of its most notable new features, and how they live up to the hype.
Official Link : www.adobe.com
Adobe Creative Suite (CS) is a collection of graphic design, video editing, and web development applications made by Adobe Systems. The collection consists of Adobe’s applications (e.g., Photoshop, Acrobat, InDesign), that are based on various technologies (e.g.,PostScript, PDF, Flash). The latest version, Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6), was launched at a release event April 23, 2012, and released on May 7, 2012
Optimizing Raw Photos with ACR 7
For many photographers, raw processing is the holy grail of image quality. Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) provides photographers the opportunity to perfect the exposure balance, contrast, colors, and details in their photographs. From there they can render high quality, 16-bit files into Photoshop for final retouching and output. ACR is a true digital darkroom for those who need to develop their raw photos with precision!
Photoshop CS6: Brushes, Vector Tools, & Transforms
Part of Photoshop CS6′s power is its versatility as a graphics toolbox. Not only does it provide state of the art features and options for photography, video, and other raster workflows, but it also provides excellent vector and transformational tools to compliment your image-making. In fact the vector tools in Photoshop CS6 have been given a substantial overhaul, making them both more powerful and more consistent with Adobe’s other vector workflows like InDesign and Illustrator.
Brief descriptions of the applications in the various Adobe Creative Suite editions:
- Adobe Acrobat is a software family dedicated to Adobe’s Portable Document Format (PDF). Adobe Acrobat Standard, Adobe Acrobat Professional, and Adobe Acrobat Professional Extended all allow for the creation of PDF files. Adobe Reader is a free application that allows the reading of PDF files.
- Adobe After Effects is a digital motion graphics and compositing software published by Adobe Systems. It can be used in film and video post-production.
- Adobe Audition is a digital audio editor that provides the modern interface and seamless workflow of Adobe Soundbooth with the precision and power of Audition.
- Adobe Bridge is an organizational program. Its primary purpose is to link the parts of the Creative Suite together using a format similar to the file browser found in previous versions of Adobe Photoshop.
- Adobe Contribute can edit the content of a website. It allows a wide variety of people within an organization to update web pages by reducing the amount of web design skills necessary for the process.
- Adobe Device Central’s primary purpose is to integrate parts of the Creative Suite together to offer both professional and individual creative professionals, web designers and mobile developers an easier way to preview and test Flash Lite, bitmap, web and video content for mobile devices.
- Adobe Dreamweaver is a combination code / GUI web development application.
- Adobe Dynamic Link integrates After Effects with Premiere Pro and with Encore.